• Continue expanding public and private partnerships in support of our schools and students, in particular in the early learning care and education of preschoolers.
• Increase outreach for family engagement and involvement with a concentrated focus on engaging our hard to reach communities.
• Advocate for additional enrichment opportunities for students that extend beyond the classroom.
• Ensure all students have opportunity and the necessary supports to succeed and reach their full potential.
• Continue providing students with academic and real-world experiences for college and career readiness.
• Continue to invest in on time professional development for teachers and supporting staff.
• Continue efforts to diversify our workforce with emphasis on recruitment and retention with emphasis to increase our own pipeline of talent.
• Ensure students, teachers, and staff have safe and modern facilities to meet the needs of an expanding student population.
• Continue to provide fiscally responsible budgets that promote equity in the distribution and allocation of resources.
As a current member of Montgomery County Board of Education, I will continue to build upon the progress being made to ensure educational outcomes for students are not predictable by race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, or other perceived personal characteristics. I have demonstrated this over the years through my service on the board and volunteerism in the community. My extensive experience working with students, parents, teachers, administrators, union leaders and elected officials in my time on the board and in various leadership roles over the years have allowed me to build strategic alliances with key leaders in our community in the interest of our schools and students. As a candidate for re-election for the District 4 seat on the school board, my priorities will always support enhancing and expanding initiatives that will Engage, Educate, and Excel our students to prepare them for their future and allow them to reach their full potential.